9. The Great Misunderstanding – Insights
Please note: These insights are intended for people going through Financial Peace University and are not a substitution or a recap of the coursework or presentation.
Giving can be exciting.
- Though we don’t give so others can see, demonstrate giving with your kids watching. You will be surprised how your kids demonstrate giving in front of you as well. You can teach each other as you both hear from the Holy Spirit on giving. I’m not talking about just giving in church, for missions, etc, but seek opportunities in everyday life to give. Drive by the homeless, engage a Contributor seller if they are in your area. Put money in the Salvation Army Kettle. Look for non traditional ways to be the hands and feet of Jesus in a practical way.
- I am a firm believer that the Pastor should be paid well. They often work 24×7, take calls at inconvenient times, and have to give an accounting of the flock. That also applies to church staff. I recently attended a church where that was preached against and when questioned, got no reply from the church. Bottom line: a Pastor is worth his pay and you have no idea whatsoever what it’s like to be a Pastor or church staff – the best way to describe it is it’s like being a teacher – the hours can be long, pay can be small, and they do it because they’re called to. Support your pastor and your church’s work.
- Live like no one else so you can GIVE like no one else!
- Is your Debt Snowball going ? Try this Debt Calculator that uncompounds interest to see when your payoffs really are, then try to beat them! http://www.moneychimp.com/features/debt_payment_calculator.htm